How to finally overcome procrastination?16 Apr 2013
"You may delay, but time will not." ~ Benjamin Franklin
If you’ve found yourself putting off important tasks over and over again, you’re not alone. We’ve all suffered from procrastination from time to time. Probably the worst part about procrastination is its uncanny ability to rob us of time. When it comes to work, procrastination definitely costs us dearly. In order to stop procrastinating now consider the following procrastination tips.
- There’s always more to do than can be done. Then ask yourself if you’re getting the right things done to be sure that you're moving in the right direction.
- Create challenging goals! However, remember that they should be reasonable as to not discourage you. Set hard-and-fast deadlines for your goals.
- Tell your friends about your goals. If they know about your projects, they will probably ask you about them on a regular basis.
- Break down your goals into daily tasks and make a list of them. Create hard-and-fast deadlines for your tasks.
- At the end of each day put aside 15 minutes to write a to-do list for tomorrow.
- Get rid of the distractions around you. You can clean off your desk, log out from social media or simply close the door.
- Stop over-complicating! Are you waiting for a perfect time to do something? Now is not the best time because of various reasons? Face the truth: there’s never a perfect time. Do it now!
- Examine the consequences. One way to motivate yourself is to consider the negative effects of your inaction.
- Ask for help. There is always somebody who knows the solution. Don't waste your time on figuring it out.
- Reward yourself with a break, a movie or some kind of treat as you progress. Little rewards along the way can make it easier to accomplish a big goal.
Thank you for reading this short list of tips. What is your best way to crush procrastination?